Dr Emma JohnstonDPsych, MA, BA(Hons), MAPS
Dr Emma Johnston
Life often presents challenges that can lead us to feel overwhelmed and not able to cope anymore. We can even feel that our lives are starting to unravel, and then behave in ways that are unhelpful or even damaging. I am committed to assisting people finding their way through these difficult times.
I have many years experience and a Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology. I enjoy spending time with my family (including my recalcitrant westies) and I also am frequently to be found pretending to enjoy camping.
Emma also sees clients who are under Workcover or Motor Vehicle Accident Third Party claims. Emma is able to provide assessment and treatment for a wide variety of psychological issues including; chronic pain, trauma, anger management, stress management, relationship enhancement, adjustment to ageing and retirement, depression and postnatal depression, the spectrum of anxiety disorders and adjustment to life stressors. Her special interest in body image issues and weight management has resulted in the book ‘Body Loving Guide’.
Emma has a special interest in body image issues in both women and men, and is the Consultant Clinical Psychologist for the Body Image Movement www.bodyimagemovement.com
- Registered as a psychologist, pursuant to the provision of the Psychology Board of Australia, in association with the Australian
- Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Degree of Doctor of Psychology (Clinical and Health), University of New England, Armidale NSW.
- Degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours, Psychology), University of New England, Armidale NSW.
- Degree of Master of Arts (Psychology), University of Sydney, NSW.
- Degree of Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and History), University of New South Wales.
- Member of Australian Psychological Society since 1997.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society’s College of Clinical Psychologists.