Dr Donna Hosford
Dr Donna Hosford
Children and young people face many ups and downs like the rest of us and taking a proactive approach to addressing these can facilitate positive outcomes and put them on a better path towards optimal well-being. I believe that we need to equip young people with strategies to cope their difficulties, whilst also helping them uncover their underlying strengths. I have been lucky to have had opportunities to work with young people and their families, internationally and at various locations within Australia. These experiences have helped me develop a unique perspective on the discipline of psychology and a better understanding of the numerous challenges faced by today’s young people and their parents.
When not at work, I spend as much time outside as possible, enjoying nature, jogging, or walking my puppy. I can also be found shivering or sweating (depending on the season) at a nearby oval watching my children’s various sporting activities, poorly disguising that my Canadian upbringing has provided me with very little understanding of the rules of the cricket or footy world!
- PhD Psychology, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Master of Science (cum laude) Clinical Psychology, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Bachelor of Science Honours (with distinction), University of Victoria, Canada
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Fellow of the Australian Psychology Society’s College of Clinical Psychologists
- Registration with Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Psychology Board Approved Supervisor