When kids and adolescents become overwhelmed they often start avoiding things. If they continue to avoid activities their world can become very small and this restricts them from reaching their full potential. The best way to help young people is getting them to face their fears. My passion is helping young people with anxiety and other developmental challenges learn to manage their worries, moods and behaviour.
Angelique has many years experience and a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology. When not at work she enjoys playing tennis, spending time with her family and she also lays claim to being the world champion of Connect 4!
Angelique’s special interest is in helping anxious children and teens and she has now helped hundreds of children and teens manage their fears and worries. As a clinical psychologist she assists children, adolescents and their families with a wide range of issues including sleep, depression, personal problems, grief and loss, behavioural challenges, coping with a parent with a mental illness and divorce and separation.
Angelique has been registered as a psychologist for 20 years, presented on numerous topics, and brings this experience as well as being a mother to two children to her private practice work. Her presentations have covered children’s anxiety and, more recently, on incorporating resources into evidence-based therapy. She has worked in a variety of settings including roles such as school psychologist for Education Queensland, member of an adult community mental health team and an adolescent outpatient mental health program.
She has also worked in private practice for over 12 years along with providing clinical supervision to Masters Psychology students. Along with her private practice work Angelique also presents workshops on child and adolescent therapy and has developed on on-line business Therapy Tools to provide resources for child and adolescent therapy.
- Registered as a psychologist, pursuant to the provision of the Psychology Board of Australia, in association with the
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Degree of Master of Psychology (Clinical), Bond University.
- Degree of Postgraduate Diploma of Professional Psychology, Bond University.
- Degree of Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), Flinders University.
- Member of Australian Psychological Society.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society’s College of Clinical Psychologists.